You are your child's 1st and most important teacher! Together our partnership gives your child the best chance of success in school. Here are a few simple yet powerful ways you can support learning at home...
- Read to & with your child daily Why read 20 minutes a day?
- Talk with your child about what they are reading
- Listen to your child read or retell a story
- Provide a quiet time and place for the child to read and do homework
- Encourage your child to use reading and writing for a variety of purposes (notes, recipes, lists, letters)
- Take child to the library
- Limit TV vewing and video games Too much screen time can be harmful!
- Discuss current events (weather, community happenings)
- Make opportunities to practice math in daily life (telling time, counting coins, solving math problems)