Students can practice their spelling words online at home! Use this link to locate the pattern of the week- long o as in cold.
Edmodo is a controlled microblogging website for students to interact with each other and their teacher(s). It provides a secure social learning network for students and teachers to connect and share content. If your child is part of an Edmodo group, they may access Edmodo through this link and join the discussion about their book.
Tumblebooks is an online collection of read-along titles for children of all ages featuring adjustable online text and complete audio.
Math & Language Arts
There are resources for Math and Language Arts activities on the school website. Follow this link and scroll down to 2nd grade Math and Language Arts. Stellar Website Links
More Interactive Sites
Follow this link to more games and activities for a wide range of math and literacy skills.
Math on IXL
It's easy to practice math on IXL. Go to www.IXL.com/signin/stellar IXL is a comprehensive math practice site with an unlimited number of math practice questions in hundreds of skills — all of which are aligned to state standards.
1. Enter your username and password and click Sign in.
2. Navigate to your grade level.
3. Find a skill to practice by doing one of the following:
4. Select a specific skill to practice from the list of skills. You can place your mouse over any skill to see a sample question and click on the link to begin.
5. Click on the Awards tab. Each grade level has an embedded game board with challenges for your child to conquer and virtual prizes to be uncovered. Place your mouse over any challenge to begin.
The website is adaptive and will adjust to your demonstrated ability level. The site also saves all of your results, so you can monitor your progress anytime by clicking on the Reports tab.
Discovery Education is a wonderful educational resource. I use it in class to show video about the things we are learning. There are also songs and activities. Throughout the year I will save resources for the students. They can use the link to access discovery education.